Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ray Tracing - Project 9

Design Choices

To implement instancing, I created an instance class inherited from the Primitive class. This allowed a simple abstraction for adding groups and other objects and stuff. The preprocess function called the grid layout preprocess for every instance so I added a check to only preprocess once. I used a matrix and a vector to hold the translations and rotations and created to functions for rotating and translating.

This is a really stupid picture of the Stanford bunny rotated and translated around in a strange manner showing the transformations possible with the new instance class


I was feeling patriotic and made a giant bunny flag and just gave it three different colors based on a series of modulos. I was really bored


Code: project9.tar.bz2'